Eighteen Ruppert Landscape employees were honored as the company presented its annual awards at a banquet held at the National Conference Center in Leesburg, Va.
"Presenting these awards gives us the opportunity to thank all of our employees and their spouses for the sacrifices they make for our organization day in and day out," said President Chris Davitt. "The 18 people who were honored have worked extremely hard and have excelled in their respective positions, overcoming the challenges they encountered with positive outcomes."
Clyde Vadner Merit Award
This award is the company's top honor and recognizes the individual who has contributed continuous, consistent, long-term hard work, dedication and job skill that has helped to shape the company. Jim Tuzzolino (operations manager, Maryland Landscape Construction branch), is a seven-year veteran of the Ruppert organization.
This award is the second of the company's two top honors, and recognizes the employee who has made a significant contribution in 2012 through outstanding job execution and high-quality results. Kevin Hazelgrove (branch manager, Richmond Landscape Management branch) has been with Ruppert for two years and was recognized for his ability to take on challenges with a can-do, no boundaries attitude.
These awards are given to the employee whose outstanding dedication and contributions have made a positive impact on their individual branch. This year, there were 16 recipients:
Caption: Back row (left to right): Collins Fitts, Dave Sharry, Rob Groves, Matthew Davidson, John Cericole, Ethan Sansbury, Kevin Hazelgrove, Bob Jones, Darrin Middleton, Chris Davitt. Front row (left to right): Chris Southworth, Julio Zuniga, Tina Holt, Brandon Simmons, Lewis Buckley, Stephen Deweese, Ramiro Gaspar, Tom Flint, Slade Salmon, Jim Tuzzolino, Phil Key
- Brandon Simmons (area manager), a seven-year Ruppert employee from Baltimore, Md., received the honor for the Baltimore Landscape Management branch
- Ethan Sansbury (area manager), a two-year Ruppert employee from Mint Hill, N.C., received the honor for the Charlotte Landscape Management branch
- Tina Holt (payroll manager, Ruppert Landscape), a five-year Ruppert employee from Damascus, Md., received the honor for the corporate branch
- Matthew Davidson (area manager), a three-year Ruppert employee from Chesapeake Beach, Md., received the honor for the Forestville Landscape Management branch
- Lewis Buckley (field manager), a two-year Ruppert employee from York Springs, Pa., received the honor for the Frederick Landscape Management branch
- Rob Groves (enhancement manager), six-year Ruppert employee from Warrenton, Va., received the honor for the Gainesville Landscape Management branch
- Slade Salmon (field manager), a seven-year Ruppert employee from Cummings, Ga., received the honor for the Georgia Landscape Construction branch
- Stephen DeWeese (area manager), three-year Ruppert employee from Lawrenceville, Ga., received the honor for the Georgia Landscape Management branch
- Tom Flint (area manager), a one-year employee from Derwood, Md., received the honor for the Lorton Landscape Management branch
- Darrin Middleton (field manager), a 16-year Ruppert employee from Silver Spring, Md., received the honor for the Maryland Landscape Construction branch
- Julio Zuniga (enhancement field manager), a six-year Ruppert employee from Rockville, Md., received the honor for the Laytonsville Landscape Management branch
- Chris Southworth (estimator), a one-year Ruppert employee from Raleigh, N.C., received the honor for the North Carolina Landscape Construction branch
- John Cericole (shop manager), a one-year Ruppert employee from Elkton, Md., received the honor for the Pennsylvania Landscape Management branch
- Collins Fitts (area manager) a one-year Ruppert employee from Raleigh, N.C., received the honor for the Raleigh Landscape Management branch
- Dave Sharry (area manager) a one-year Ruppert employee from North Chesterfield, Va., received the honor for the Richmond Landscape Management branch
- Ramiro Gaspar (field manager), a five-year Ruppert employee from Westminster, Md., received the honor for the Virginia Landscape Construction branch