The Professional Grounds Management Society has announced that five grounds professionals have earned the Certified Grounds Manager (CGM) designation since the beginning of March 2013.
The five CGMs include:
- CGM #142 David Davis, associate director of Landscaping Services at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, N.C.
- CGM #143 Norman Stewart, grounds superintendent at Columbia International University in Gilbert, S.C.
- CGM #144 Doug Knaup course horticulturist at The Ohio State University Golf Club (OSUGC) in Columbus, Ohio
- CGM #145 Kevin Cook, lead groundskeeper at Wake Forest University
- CGM #146 Curtis Horn, grounds manager at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, N.C.
Read full interviews with all of the CGMs here
Those achieving the CGM professional designation must first have accomplished a certain level of education and on-the-job experience, and then successfully completed a two-part examination process administered by PGMS.
For details on the CGM program please visit http://pgms.org