SIMA Symposium 2012 Preview
Buffalo, N.Y., June 20-23
Schedule of Events
Thursday, June 21
Friday, June 22
- 7 6 Registration Open
- 7-8 Hot Breakfast
- 8-9:30 Keynote Session: Cindy Maher & Carol Grannis Reaching Resonance: Engaging Employees through Emotional Intelligence
- 9:45-11:15 Concurrent Sessions
- 11:30 1 Snack & Chat Lunch. Additional fee applies.
- 1-5 Trade Show open
- 6:30-9 SIMA Awards & Recognition Night. Additional fee applies.
- 9-10 CSP Reception. By invitation only.
Saturday, June 23
- 7 3 Registration Open
- 8 1:15 Trade Show open
- 1:30-2:30 Concurrent Sessions
- 3-4 Concurrent Sessions
- 4:30-5:30 Snack & Chat. Additional fee applies.
- 5:30-6 Food Eating Contest
- 6-7 Networking Reception
- 8-9:15 Concurrent Sessions
- 9:45-11 Concurrent Sessions
- 11:30 12:30 Concurrent Sessions
- 12:45-1:45 Snack & Chat Lunch. Additional fee applies.
- 3-10:30 Closing Event: Niagara Falls State Park & Dinner at Top of the Falls Restaurant. Attendance is limited, so register early! Additional fee applies.
For 15 years, the Snow & Ice Symposium has helped professionals join together to discuss all aspects of the work that they do. Join SIMA (Snow & Ice Management Association) at the 15th Annual Snow & Ice Symposium as we help educate each other on the best principles of business management, snow and ice operations, leadership and more.
For complete show details, go to www.sima.org/show.
- First Timers & Volunteer Reception
If you are new to SIMA, or are attending the Symposium for the first time, you won't want to miss this reception! Meet SIMA staff, volunteers and board members, and network with other attendees. If you're a new member, you will also get a chance to meet your SIMA buddy.
- Snack & Chat Sessions
Casual and idea-generating, you won't want to miss out on of the most popular events at the Symposium! SIMA has chosen some of the most current, interesting and relevant topics for discussion in a casual networking environment. So grab lunch/snack (provided) and join fellow colleagues in a roundtable setting to help you network with people who want to discuss the same issues as you. New this year: The second Snack & Chat moves to Friday, where snacks will be provided before the networking reception and free evening in Buffalo. Register in advance.
- Snow & Ice Trade Show
Snow & ice products, programs and services. New this year: The trade show will open at 8 a.m. Friday morning. Join us for coffee, pastries and extra time to meet with exhibitors. Returning to the show floor this year are short educational sessions at the SIMA booth, free beverages on Thursday, and free lunch on Friday.
- SIMA Awards & Recognition Night Sponsored by CrewTracker Software, International Salt and Morton Salt
Help SIMA celebrate and congratulate award winners and the industry as a whole. This is also an opportunity to celebrate SIMA and the snow & ice management industry by enjoying a memorable night of dinner, beverages, networking and camaraderie.
- Networking Reception Sponsored by Evolution Edges
Grab a beverage and reconnect with fellow attendees to talk shop and share what you've learned. Friday evening is open for attendees to explore the area, and take advantage of local restaurants, nightlife, shopping and more. This reception is a great place to touch base and decide where the evening will take you.
- Closing Event: Niagara Falls State Park & Dinner at Top of the Falls Restaurant Sponsored by Caterpillar, Inc.
After taking in all the education and knowledge of the Symposium over the past three days, join SIMA and your colleagues for a memorable evening at one of the most popular area attractions: Niagara Falls State Park. Surrounding the mighty Niagara Falls and full of beautiful scenery, Niagara Falls State Park is the oldest state park in the U.S. Buses will drop you off at the park, where you will have two hours to explore and the option to take a tour of the Maid of the Mist or Cave of the Winds.
Following this, you'll enjoy a group dinner at the Top of the Falls Restaurant, which offers great views of Horseshoe Falls through floor-to-ceiling windows and outdoor decks. Before returning to the hotel, you will head to the perfect spot to view the Falls Illumination.