October 23-24, Louisville, Kentucky
It’s almost that time, once again, for GIE+EXPO and Hardscape North America, co-located in one central location. The 19-acre Outdoor Demonstration Area, within easy walking distance of the indoor exhibits, and the New Products Showcase make these prestigious shows an exceptionally efficient, productive marketplace.
See outdoor power equipment, along with products for landscapes, gardens, outdoor leisure, hardscapes and light construction.
For full show information, and to register online, visit http://www.gie-expo.com.
Attend the expanded GIE+EXPO Workshops for an exciting, motivational sample of the full conference program specifically for contractors and lawn care and landscape professionals, grounds managers and hardscape installers. The workshops are sponsored by PLANET and the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute.
Each session is $50 and preregistration is required.
Bonus: By signing up for a Hardscape Workshop, you also receive free access to Hardscape Demonstrations in the HNA Outdoor Arena.
Thursday, October 23
- 8 – 9:30 a.m.: Hardscape Workshop A – Outdoor Kitchen Design and Installation (breakfast sandwich and coffee provided)
- 10 – 11:30 a.m.: Hardscape Workshop B – How to Survive and Prosper as a Hardscape Contractor
- 1 – 2:30 p.m.: PLANET Workshop – Financial Budgeting for the Land Care Company: What are Your 2015 Goals?
- 3 – 4:30 p.m.: PLANET Workshop – Marketing That’s More than Lead Generation
Friday, October 24
- 8 – 9:30 a.m.: New Snow & Ice Workshop hosted by PLANET – Adopting Best Practices in Advanced Snow Management (breakfast sandwich and coffee provided)
- 8 – 9:30 a.m.: New Irrigation Workshop hosted by PLANET – Cycle and Soak: The Methods and Reasons (breakfast sandwich and coffee provided)
- 10 – 11:30 a.m.: New Snow & Ice Workshop hosted by PLANET – Advanced Snow Management Focus: Equipment Capacity & Managing Expectations
- 10 – 11:30 a.m.: New Irrigation Workshop hosted by PLANET – Utilizing Drip (Micro) Irrigation
- 1 – 2:30 p.m.: PLANET Workshop – Do the Right Things and Do Things Right
- 3 – 4:30 p.m.: PLANET Workshop: Controlling the Sales Beast. Sales Systems and Finding Peace
Events and Features
Dealer Resource Pavilion
The Dealer Resource Pavilion, including an Internet café, lounge and leading suppliers’ information booths, will be available to dealers, retailers, technicians and distributors only.
Wednesday, Oct. 22 – Dealer Day at GIE+EXPO
- Dealer Resource Pavilion will be open 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Technicians’ Certified Training Classes: 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Owners and managers will hear from Bob Clements, the dealership management expert, 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Dealer Day Keynote Lunch (1 – 2:30 p.m.)
- The show floor will be open 3 – 7 p.m. exclusively for dealers, distributors, retailers and the media
- Free welcome reception 5 – 7 p.m. on the show floor
- Free concerts at 4th Street Live!
Thursday and Friday, Oct. 23-24
- Dealer Summit Breakfast (Thursday & Friday, 8 – 9:30 a.m.)
- Dealer Summit Special Report (Thursday 10 – 10:55 a.m.)
- Exhibits and Outdoor Demo Area will be open to all industry participants.
- Owners and managers will hear from Bob Clements, the dealership management expert, 11 a.m. – noon and 2 – 3 p.m.
- Dealer Resource Pavilion will be open all day
- Free concert at 4th Street Live!
FREE Concerts at GIE+EXPO
Fourth Street Live! in downtown Louisville is the place to be after hours at GIE+EXPO. Nissan Commercial Vehicles, a GIE+EXPO exhibitor, is the stage sponsor for three nights of exciting evening entertainment.
Wednesday, Oct. 22, 9:00 pm
With a new album, a new label and a renewed sense of musical purpose, Eddie Montgomery and Troy Gentry are poised to stake their claim as one of country music’s all-time greatest duos.
Jeni Carr & TwangTown
Wednesday, Oct. 22, 7:30 pm
Opening for Montgomery Gentry will be country music singer/songwriter Jeni Carr and her band TwangTown. Their sound is a blend of new and classic country, mixed with Southern Rock dance tunes.
Thursday, Oct. 23, 8 p.m.
Formed in 2008, The Crashers have established themselves, both regionally and nationally, as THE band to see. They’ve performed all over the country, leaving crowds wanting more, from the Super Bowl (as the official pre-game band for NBC at Super Bowl XLVI) to rockin’ it out as the backing band for national artists like Luke Bryan and Kid Rock.
Friday, Oct. 24, 9 p.m.
You and millions of other TV viewers saw her on “The Voice.” As a member of Team Christina on Season 5 of NBC’s hit TV show, Olivia captivated the imagination of the country with her stage presence, singing ability and charm.
New Products Showcase
Exhibitors and attendees will benefit from the New Products Showcase, an enhanced feature on the tradeshow floor. Here, you’ll get an overview of what’s new on the show floor.
Outdoor Demonstration Area
One of GIE+EXPO’s most attractive features for exhibitors and visitors alike is the 19-acre outdoor demonstration area. The Kentucky Exposition Center is the only facility in the United States that offers such a large outdoor turf area just a few steps from the indoor exhibits. See the new products indoors; then try them for yourself and compare them with the competition in the demo park.
Outdoor Demo Area Hours:
Thursday, Oct. 23: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 24: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Many exhibitors host competitions and games to encourage spirited use of their newest products. Plan to have fun and come away with a few grass stains during GIE+EXPO. Wear your most comfortable work shoes; there’s a lot of ground to cover and grass to mow at this show.
Landscapers can upgrade trade show admission to include live demonstrations that will teach you how to make money through hardscape installations. Find out how at http://www.gie-expo.com.
Hardscape North America
Hardscape North America is produced by the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI) and endorsed by the National Concrete Masonry Association (NCMA) and the Brick Industry Association (BIA).
In all, nearly 18,000 participants of both shows will see new products from 750 exhibiting companies.
GIE+EXPO attendees can upgrade their registration to include HNA’s on topics such as installing, cleaning and sealing concrete pavers; creating beautiful designs; adding the right finishing touches; constructing raised patios and much more.
You can find more information at http://www.HardscapeNA.com.
It may be the last day of the show, but it’s also your last chance to follow up with exhibitors, take classes, learn from demos and finalize your product comparisons. It’s also the day of the EXPO’s biggest giveaway: you could win $1,000, $2,000, $3,000 or $4,000.
To be eligible, register for GIE+EXPO. An entry form will be mailed along with badges, and you can enter by returning it to the Nissan Commercial Vehicles booth by noon on Friday.
Four winners will be chosen and must be present to win: $1,000 at 1 p.m.; $2,000 at 2 p.m.; $3,000 at 3 p.m.; and $4,000 at 4 p.m.
The fun continues Friday night with Holly Williams at 9 p.m. and special guest Simon Pure at 8 p.m. downtown at Fourth Street Live! Holly Williams is the daughter of Hank Williams Jr., and a talented singer-songwriter. Olivia Henken took the stage last year and delivered a terrific performance.
This is great opportunity to network while enjoying great food, drinks and music. Fourth Street Live! is Louisville’s premier dining, entertainment and retail destination.
Spanish-Language Seminars from the National Hispanic Landscape Alliance
Thursday, Oct. 22
9:45 – 11:15 a.m.:
- Ensure Clear Communication Through All States of Every Job (Spanish), Pam Berrios, ALS Services
- Building Training Programs for Your Latino Workforce (English), Ellen Ely, Landscape Training Solutions
1:30 – 2:45 p.m.:
- Becoming a Leader in the Green Industry (Spanish), Panelists: TBD
3 – 4:15 p.m.
- The Keys to Satisfied Long-Term Customers (Spanish), Presenter: TBD
Wednesday, Oct. 23
- Dealer Day: 3 – 7 p.m. Dealers, retailers and distributors only.
- Reception on the trade show floor: 5 – 7 p.m.
- Free concert at 4th Street Live!
Thursday, Oct. 24
- GIE+EXPO open to all industry participants Indoor: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Outdoor: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Free concert at 4th Street Live! Friday, Oct. 25
- GIE+EXPO open to all industry participants Indoor: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Outdoor: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Free concert at 4th Street Live!
New for 2014! Dealer Day Keynote Lunch
Wednesday, Oct. 22, 1-2:30 p.m.
“Decide: Work Smarter, Reduce Your Stress & Lead by Example”
Steve McClatchy, president of Alleer Training & Consulting
Great decision-making habits can yield a lifetime of success while poor ones can keep you stressed, frustrated and out of balance. In this fast-paced, interactive and engaging presentation, Steve McClatchy, author of New York Times bestseller “Decide”, will teach you how to perform at your personal best on a daily basis. If you are looking for a new perspective on motivation, success and how to get it all done, this is a can’t-miss presentation.
Learn to: Focus on results and the true drivers of performance; regain critical planning and personal time; and dramatically increase work/life engagement.
- $25 includes box lunch; preregistration is required.