LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Lawn & landscape pros interested in improving profitability have a variety of valuable opportunities to learn during the 2014 GIE+EXPO (Green Industry & Equipment Expo), Oct. 23-24 in Louisville at the Kentucky Exposition Center. Registration is now open.
Arrive on Wednesday in time to seeMontgomery Gentry in concert, free, at 4th St. Live! in downtown Louisville at 9 p.m. Jeni Carr and TwangTown will open at 8 p.m.
Workshops and live demonstrations include sessions on how to:
- Set budgeting goals
- Boost profits with marketing
- Empower your team for success
- Improve your sales processes
- Survive and prosper as a hardscape contractor
- Implement cycle & soak and drip irrigation systems
- Successfully grow your snow management services
- Improve specific hardscape installation techniques
2014 GIE+EXPO Workshops
Thursday, October 23:
- 8 – 9:30 a.m.: Hardscape Workshop – Outdoor Kitchen Design and Installation (breakfast sandwich & coffee provided), Carl Peterson, owner, Outdoor Entertainment Concepts, LLC
- 10 – 11:30 a.m.: Hardscape Workshop – How to Survive and Prosper As A Hardscape Contractor, Monroe Porter, president, PROOF Management Consultants
- 1 – 2:30 p.m.: PLANET Workshop – Financial Budgeting for the Land Care Company – What are your 2015 Goals?, Dan Gordon, TurfBooks.com, PLANET Consultant Member
- 3 – 4:30 p.m.: PLANET Workshop: Marketing That’s More than Lead Generation, Andrew Pototschnik, Lawn Care Marketing Expert – PLANET Consultant Member
Friday, October 24:
- 8 – 9:30 a.m.: PLANET Workshop – Adopting Best Practices in Advanced Snow Management (breakfast sandwich & coffee provided), Phill Sexton, Snow & Ice Association
- 8 – 9:30 a.m.: PLANET Workshop – Cycle and Soak: The Methods and Reasons (breakfast sandwich & coffee provided), Alan Richmond, Southern Botanical, and Kurt Thompson, Massey Services
- 10 – 11:30 a.m.: PLANET Workshop – Advanced Snow Management Focus: Equipment Capacity & Managing Expectations, Phil Harwood, CSP, Pro-Motion Consulting/SIMA Member and PLANET Consultant Member
- 10 – 11:30 a.m.: PLANET Workshop – Utilizing Drip (Micro) IrrigationRobb Kowalewski, Jain Irrigation, Inc., and Marcus Duck, Michigan State University, Horticultural Department
- 1 – 2:30 p.m.: PLANET Workshop – Business Essentials: Do the Right Things and Do Things Right, Ken Thomas, Envisor Consulting, PLANET Consultant Member
- 3 – 4:30 p.m.: PLANET Workshop – Controlling the Sales Beast. Sales Systems and Finding Peace, Domenic A. Chiarella, 7 of 7 BEST Business and Life Strategies, LLC
Registration Details: Registration in advance is required; each of the GIE+EXPO Workshops is $50. Those who register for one of the Hardscape Workshops on Thursday will also be admitted free to the technique demos in the HNA Outdoor Arena tent. Those who only want to attend the HNA Demonstrations and tradeshow can upgrade their registration for $25 to include all the following demos. Register for all sessions online today at www.gie-expo.com.
Demonstrations in the Hardscape North America Outdoor Arena
(This tented arena is in the Outdoor Demonstration Area within steps of the indoor exhibits at the Kentucky Expo Center.)
Thursday, October 23:
- 11 a.m. – Noon: Basic Concrete Paver Installation, Pat McCrindle, regional sales manager, GST International, Inc.
- 1 – 2 p.m.: Fire Pit and Outdoor Fireplace Construction, Safety and Design, Carl Peterson, owner, Outdoor Entertainment Concepts, LLC
- 3 – 4 p.m.: Permeable Interlocking Concrete Pavement Construction, Andrew Vear, General Manager, Southwest Specialties, Inc.
Friday, October 24:
- 11 a.m. – Noon: Tools for Paver Installation Efficiency, Bill Gardocki, owner, Interstate Landscape Co., Inc., Tom Gardocki, Hardscape Operations Foreman, Interstate Landscape Co., Inc.
- 1 – 2 p.m.: LED Lighting – Impress your Clients and Increase your Profits, Jeff Hesser, mid-Atlantic regional sales manager, Cast Lighting LLC
- 3 – 4 p.m.: Raised Paver Patios and Segmental Retaining Walls, Pat McCrindle, regional sales manager, GST International, Inc.
Each HNA demo is eligible for one ICPI Certified Installer Continuing Education (CE) Credit. Make sure to pick up a CE tracking form at the HNA registration desk.
For information and online registration for GIE+EXPO and the dealer education progra, go to www.gie-expo.com.