National Association of State Parks Directors (NASPD) Leadership School gathered students for an onsite learning forum at Oglebay Resort and Conference in Wheeling, W.Va., on Jan. 12-16, 2014.
The State Park Leadership School is a two-year certificate program that provides state park personnel with instruction from experienced state park directors through a combination of distance learning and onsite education.
Roger Phelps, from STIHL, Inc., along with NASPD awarded 13 $1,000 scholarships for participants to attend.
Winners are as follows:
- Bruce Thompson, park ranger, R.I., 1st year
- Ben D. Bergey, district supervisor, Wis., 2nd year
- Edward A Hale, resource interpretive specialist, N.J., 1st year
- Emily C. Rich, superintendent, N.J., 1st year
- Leigh A. Germann, superintendent, N.J., 1st year
- Christopher Crabtree, national resource steward, Mo., 2nd year
- Katy Holmer, assistant park superintendent, Mo., 1st year
- Ale Echandi, specialist, trails operations, Mass., 1st year
- Peter Hoffman, forest & park supervisor, Mass., 1st year
- Eric Gregory, natural resources manager (park superintendent), Mo., 1st year
- Joel Law, assistant park superintendent, Mo., 1st year
- Lee Witbeck, interpretive resources coordinator, Mo., 2nd year
- Tyler Schwartze, park operations planning coordinator, Mo., 2nd year