GREENSBORO, N.C. – The North Carolina Nursery & Landscape Association has announced the winners of its 2014 Excellence in Landscape Awards. Five green industry businesses were honored earlier this month at NCNLA’s annual Green & Growin’ Trade Show.
NCNLA’s Excellence in the Landscape Awards reflect a company’s commitment to promote high standards of quality landscape design, installation and maintenance. The program recognizes and awards landscape professionals who execute quality and sustainable landscape projects. In sponsoring the awards program, NCNLA is striving to increase the public’s awareness of environmental improvement through landscape contractors’ cognizance and commitment to excellence and sustainability.
The award categories are the following: Landscape Management, Landscape Installation, Design/Build, Sustainable Landscape, Ecological Plantings and Container Plantings.
The following are winners of the 2014 Excellence in Landscape Awards.
Receiving MERIT Awards were:
- Appalachian Naturescapes, Morganton, North Carolina, Landscape Installation Residential and Design/Build Residential
- Greenleaf Services, Linville, North Carolina, Landscape Installation Residential
- Coats Lawn Service, Inc., Clayton, North Carolina, Landscape Installation Residential
- Landvision, Raleigh, North Carolina, Design/Build Residential
Receiving DISTINCTION Awards:
- PLI Co., Garner, North Carolina, Landscape Installation Commercial
- Coats Lawn Service, Inc., Clayton, North Carolina, Ecological Plantings
The North Carolina Nursery and Landscape Association (NCNLA) represents growers, landscapers, retail garden centers, suppliers, horticulture students and educators. NCNLA’s ultimate goal is to benefit its members’ economic, professional and personal growth. More information about NCNLA can be found at www.ncnla.com.