The National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP) Safety Recognition Awards Program, sponsored by CNA, is designed to reward landscape industry professionals who consistently demonstrate their commitment to safety. The program is designed to reflect the dedication of these individuals and their companies to creating and maintaining safe work environments.
Safety Recognition Awards are awarded to companies in the following categories:
- No Vehicle Accidents
- No Injuries or Illnesses
- No Days Away From Work
Program participants also may qualify for the Overall Safety Achievement Award. This award honors those companies with thorough, high-performing, safety programs that create and maintain safe work environments in the industry. Companies are eligible for this award if they demonstrate outstanding safety performance in the workplace based on their combined fleet and employee incident rates. A checklist also is used to rate the company’s complete safety program.
This year’s program covered the time period of Jan. 1, 2015 to Dec. 31, 2015. All entries had to include the entry forms, OSHA Form 300A Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses, and a copy of the year-end vehicle insurance claims summary report or it cannot be accepted. All landscape industry companies are eligible to enter.
Companies who have won the awards say participation can:
- Result in reduced costly workers’ compensation claims and lower insurance premiums.
- Put your company head and shoulders above the competition.
- Set a benchmark for measuring continued safety improvement.
- Send the message to your employees that their safety is a priority.
Congratulations to the winners of the “Best of the Best: awards, honoring companies with Overall Safety Achievement Award–Gold Performance status for three consecutive years:
- Arlington Lawncare & Landscape Inc.
- Greenleaf Services Inc. – Linville
- Keep It Green Landscaping
- Lightfoot Enterprises Inc.
- MirrorScapes LLC
- No Ka Oi Landscape Services
- Quality Lawn, Landscape, & Fence Inc.
- Raimondi Horticultural Group
- Trio Outdoor Maintenance LLC
Read more: 3 Steps to Boost On-the-Job Safety