Minneapolis, Minn., June 19-22
Visit www.sima.org/show for full and updated information on registration, special offers, exhibitors, speakers, special events, educational sessions and more.
SIMA heads west of the Mississippi River this year and brings the 16th Annual Snow & Ice Symposium to Minnesota, June 19-22, 2013, in the state-of-the-art Minneapolis Convention Center and newly remodeled Hyatt. The four-day event joins snow and ice professionals from all over the United States and Canada, and features a trade show, industry-specific education, networking events and more. Check out the following events happening at the show:
- Preconference Workshop & Hands-on Equipment Demo: This three-part workshop on June 19 will provide an overview of snow-specific safety training, a facility tour of a Caterpillar dealership and a hands-on equipment demonstration.
- Two Keynote Speakers: Join Dave Horsager, author, business strategist and speaker, on June 20 for the opening Keynote, “The Trust Edge: 4 Keys to create, build and enjoy lasting momentum.” Judy Guido, executive strategist and marketing expert, will present the second Keynote, “Building a Profitable Sales Strategy & Team”, on June 21.
- Educational Sessions: Twenty sessions will cover topic areas such as sales & marketing, management & leadership, operations & equipment and returning track from last year, CEO to CEO. Saturday will also feature a longer, more in-depth session on sales techniques called “Stop Wasting Time and Improve Your Close Ratio.”
- Snow & Ice Trade Show: The trade show will be held on June 20 from 1-5 p.m. and on June 21 from 9:15 1:15 p.m. The show will feature more than 100 exhibitors sharing the latest products and service information for the industry, mini-presentations on the show floor, and free beverages and lunch.
- Welcome Reception: Kick off the show on the night of June 19 with this popular event. This is the perfect opportunity to reconnect with friends and colleagues.
- Snow & Ice Industry Awards Night: Help SIMA celebrate and congratulate award winners and the industry as a whole on June 20. Industry award winners, volunteer of the year, the Alan Steiman Scholarship recipient and more will be recognized during this memorable night of dinner and networking.
- Snack & Chat Roundtables: Discuss some of the most important and relevant industry topics with other snow & ice management pros. Snack & Chats remain one of the most popular offerings at the Symposium and are a great opportunity for peer-to-peer learning.
- Closing Event: This year’s closing event takes us to historic and scenic town of Excelsior, Minn., where attendees will enjoy a day of sightseeing and a dinner cruise on Lake Minnetonka. Wind down from the show on Saturday night and enjoy a great time with fellow attendees.