July 31, 2015 — Ewing has been awarded the Community Stewardship Award for giving back within the community, sponsored by the National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP). This award recognizes NALP member companies and organizations that have demonstrated leadership through their dedication and contribution to the good of the community. Winners were recognized at the NALP’s Renewal & Remembrance/Legislative Day on the Hill Banquet Dinner on July 20.
“We look for opportunities to partner with organizations that share our core values of water efficiency, sustainability, wellness and family,” said Douglas York, president of Ewing Irrigation and Landscape Supply.
“Our involvement in service projects allows us to build camaraderie and help boost awareness of the Green Industry—and the many ways in which we (as landscape professionals) enhance the lives of individuals every day where they live, work and play.”
Some projects have included:
- A renovation of a military family’s backyard and irrigation system for the NALP Day of Service.
- Four regional projects conducted concurrently to complete landscape renovations benefiting Desert Open Space Sustainable Education Center (Mesa, Ariz.), Loaves & Fishes Edible Landscape (Sacramento, Calif.), Housing Hope (Everett, Wash.), and SpiritHorse Therapeutic Riding Facility (Corinth, Tex.).
- A baseball field renovation by 350 employees for Sunshine Acres, a children’s home that provides emotional, social, physical, educational and spiritual support for children that are separated from their parents.
- A campus wide renovation project for St. Philip The Apostle Catholic School completed by 300 employees with projects including a field renovation, construction of community garden beds, paver patio installation with lighting and outdoor sound and irrigation system repairs and retrofits.
- Employees fundraised over $200,000 for Autism Speaks.
View the press release on Ewing website.