This year’s contest winners were selected by a neutral panel of judges based on messaging, quality, creativity and implementation of Smart Irrigation Month messaging in six categories:
* Affiliate – Agriculture: University of Georgia, Stripling Irrigation Research Park, Camilla, Ga.
* Affiliate – Landscape: City of Greeley, Colo., Water Conservation Program, Greeley, Colo.
* Agriculture: McCrometer, Inc., Hemet, Calif.
* Contractor: James River Grounds Management, Inc., Glen Allen, Va.
* Distributor: Ewing Irrigation, Inc., Phoenix, Ariz.
* Manufacturer: Hunter Industries, San Marcos, Calif.
"The contest is a great opportunity for companies to build customer relationships and be recognized for their efforts to educate customers about the benefits of efficient water use," said Derick Wright, president of The Source, Inc. and chair of IA’s Smart Irrigation Month Committee. "This year saw some excellent efforts to promote Smart Irrigation Month. We’re seeing more and more companies – both agriculture and landscape – implementing campaigns across both customer and employee touch points, resulting in a truly integrated campaign."
Winners will be recognized at the Irrigation Show and Education Conference in Austin, Texas, and will also be showcased on the IA and Smart Irrigation Month websites.
IA designated July as Smart Irrigation Month in 2005 to promote efficient watering practices, technologically advanced irrigation products and water conservation. This initiative encourages irrigation professionals to promote water efficiency to business partners, customers and water end-users.
IA members and nonmembers are encouraged to submit entries in 2014, regardless of business size or industry segment. Visit www.smartirrigationmonth.org for contest details, resources and ideas for promotions.