CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Jacobsen has awarded scholarships to 27 college students throughout North America. The Jacobsen Turfgrass Scholarship, now in its third year, recognizes college seniors in turfgrass management or related discipline programs.
To qualify, students must submit an application, an essay and a letter of recommendation from a turfgrass professional. This year’s recipients, each awarded a $500 scholarship, represent 20 colleges and universities across the United States and Canada, including Michigan State University, Oregon State University, Texas A&M University and Olds College.
Jacobsen supports industry education through the Jacobsen Turfgrass Scholarship program as well as other initiatives including the Future Turf Managers Program, a week-long educational event for newly-graduated turf managers, and Jacobsen University, an in-house educational facility providing hands-on training to students, superintendents, technicians and sales representatives. In addition, Jacobsen donates equipment and resources to several turfgrass programs throughout the United States.
Recipients of the 2014 Jacobsen Turf Scholarship:
- Brandon Bousema, Iowa State University
- Cody Chavez, Mt. San Antonio College
- Andrew Christesen, Michigan State University
- Morgan Creighton, Olds College
- Jonathon Fox, Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
- Matthew Golson, Auburn University
- Micah Gould, Oregon State University
- Timothy Halvorson, University of Minnesota – Crookston
- Wyatt Kotary, State University of New York – Delhi
- Jack Leising, State University of New York – Delhi
- Christopher Marra, Pennsylvania State University
- Kyle Mast, University of Rhode Island
- Ryan May, Iowa State University
- Morgan McAdams, Southeast Missouri State University
- Luke McGhee, University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Gerlad Navarre, Michigan State University
- Spencer Nelson, Iowa State University
- Meagan Nunn, University of Guelph
- Matthew Sorrell, Florida Gateway College
- Mark Stoklosa, Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Zachary Strader, Texas A&M University
- Matthew Valeriani, University of Guelph
- Joseph Villela, New Mexico State University
- Andrew Wilhelm, Purdue University
- Blake Willems, University of Arkansas
- Cody Woods, Pennsylvania State University
- Tyler Zidik, Pennsylvania State University
Photo: Matthew Golson, 2014 Jacobsen Turfgrass Winner from Auburn University, is currently interning with the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field.