Are your customers ready to transition from summer to fall? Belgard Hardscapes and home design expert Jennifer Farrell shares these eight tips to help you get your clients in the mood for the autumn season.
- Look for ways to maximize space planning in clients’ backyards and extend their living spaces. Even small spaces can have enough room for dining, cooking and lounging with a little planning.
- Need to help clients conserve water? Consider using hardscapes as ground cover, with drought-tolerant plants in clusters to add softness and visual interest. Succulents and other water-light plants are a great way to add pops of color and texture without draining water.
- Outdoor lighting should receive the same attention as indoor lighting. Different styles and light sources can add excitement and functionality to outdoor spaces. Make stairs nighttime friendly with built-in paver lights; define spaces with low-voltage lighting.
- Create a focal point for clients’ outdoor areas. A fire pit, fountain or sculpture can be the perfect centerpiece to anchor a space.
- Add a pop of surprising color. An orange planter or turquoise bench look great against earth-toned pavers.
- Mixing patterns and textures is a great way to spice up outdoor spaces.
- If you’re creating an outdoor kitchen, don’t forget to add storage space for dishes and glasses.
- When creating clients’ outdoor spaces, think about every season. Fire pits or fireplaces allow clients to enjoy their outdoor spaces in cooler months, while adding water features prepares spaces for enjoyment next summer.