The Horticultural Research Institute (HRI) and the New England Nursery Association (NENA) have created the New England Nursery Association Industry Growth Fund, a new type of grant program through HRI.
The Industry Growth Fund was formally created at a signing ceremony during New England Grows in Boston earlier this month. This new purpose restricted fund was designed to allow grants to be drawn from both the interest and the principal as needed.
The new alliance brings together Horticultural Research Institute’s 52-year history as the horticulture industry’s leading green industry research and educational foundation and NENA’s vision to maximize organizational funds, collaborate closely with experts, and put investment monies to work where they will directly help New England commercial horticulture industry.
The new NENA/HRI Industry Growth Initiative is designed to support such projects as:
- "local-to-NENA" platforms that build community and promote collaboration
- economic impact studies that bolster the industry
- marketing strategies that boost sales of plants and services
- research that provides scientifically proven answers to critical questions
- education to engage the next generation
- programs to support and inspire tomorrow’s horticultural workforce
The Horticultural Research Institute’s mission is to direct, fund, promote and communicate horticulture research. The collaboration with NENA is another example of how HRI works to build prosperous businesses, advance the green industry and fulfill its core vision.