The Ohio Lawn Care Association has announced the election of officers and trustees to its 2013 Board of Directors. Officers serve a one-year term and trustees serve three-year terms that began March 1.
The following officers and trustees will lead the association into the future:
- President: Matt Ellis, GrassMaster, Inc.-Matt has been employed at GrassMaster, Inc. in Canal Fulton, Ohio, for 12 years. He currently serves as director of sales & marketing.
- Vice President: Ray Iacobucci, TruGreen-Ray is region technical manager for TruGreen working with branch locations throughout Ohio and western Pennsylvania. He is approaching his 25th year with TruGreen, and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in horticulture with a minor in education from the University of Rhode Island. He has been involved with the green industry for the past 30 years.
- Secretary/Treasurer: Jeff Benton, St. Clair Lawn Care-Jeff has served on the Board of Directors since 2004. He graduated from The Ohio State University in turfgrass management and is very active in his community.
- Immediate Past President: Mark Barker, Oasis Lawn Care, Inc.-Mark attended the University of Akron, majoring in business. He was employed at Lawnmark from 1985 to 1991 as sales/service representative and branch manager. He has been the owner/operator of Oasis Lawn Care, Inc. since 1991, and has been a member of OLCA for several years, as well as the Ohio Turfgrass Foundation.
Two new trustees were elected to serve three-year terms beginning March 1, 2013:
- Mark Slavik, Agrium Advanced Technologies Direct Solutions-Mark is a territory manager for Agrium Advanced Technologies working with customers in the turf and ornamental industry. He has been working in the green industry for over 20 years.
- Brian Wilcomb, Environmental Management, Inc.-Brian has been in the green industry for over 14 years. Currently, his role as a field service manager requires supervision of landscape maintenance crews. He has a Bachelor of Science degree from the Ohio State University with a major of turfgrass science and a minor in agribusiness management. During his time at EMI, he has also become PLANET certified as well as an ODA licensed applicator.
Also serving on the 2013 Board of Directors are: Jeff Bisker, Your Lawn, Inc.; Rodney Creech, Lawn Plus; Kevin Flory, Kevin Flory Landscaping and Lawn Care; Dave Hofacre, GrassMaster, Inc.; Chris Spellacy, Spellacy’s Turf-Lawn, Inc.; Dave Winter, Advanced Turf Solutions; Gina Zirkle, The Scotts Co.; and Technical Director, Joe Rimelspach, The Ohio State University.