LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute and the National Association of Landscape Professionals will hold a joint press conference at GIE+EXPO on Thursday, Oct. 22, 2015 at 9:30 a.m. in Room C105 at the Kentucky Exposition Center. Press conference participants include Kris Kiser, president and CEO of OPEI, and Sabeena Hickman, president and CEO of NALP.
“We anticipate the numbers on GIE+EXPO participation to once again break records,” said Kris Kiser, CEO and President of OPEI.
LANDSCAPES is the signature landscape and lawn care industry education, training and networking experience annually. Previously known as the Green Industry Conference, at LANDSCAPES the industry’s top leaders and entrepreneurs inspire professionals and the trade show features the latest trends in outdoor living.
As the majority partner in GIE+EXPO, OPEI plays a critical role in the trade show’s development and growth, and as the educational manager of LANDSCAPES, NALP leads the industry in education and training.
“We are excited to be bringing some of the best business speakers to LANDSCAPES 2015 to help landscape industry companies create stronger businesses and support their employees’ professional growth,” said Sabeena Hickman, CAE, CMP CEO of NALP.
The press conference will provide:
- An update on the latest ethanol developments and “Look Before You Pump”, OPEI’s ethanol education and consumer protection campaign.
- The re-branding of NALP over the last year and the association’s heightened profile in advocating for the landscape industry.
- Discuss the re-branding of the Green Industry Conference as LANDSCAPES.
- The latest information on TurfMutt, an outdoor power equipment industry-supported, K-5 education and environmental stewardship program led by OPEI with Scholastic Inc.
- New developments on regulations and harmonization of outdoor power equipment standards on the global front.
- The newest programs at NALP and research on professional careers in the landscape industry.
Stop by booth #11146 to learn more about OPEI and booth #7114 to get more information from NALP.