ALEXANDRIA, Va. – The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute has announced its 2015-2016 Officers and Board of Directors. The officers and new board members were chosen during the OPEI Annual Meeting, held June 23-25 in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Officers for the 2015-2016 year are:
- OPEI Chair: Lee Sowell, president, outdoor products at Techtronic Industries Power Equipment
- OPEI Vice Chair: Tim Merrett, vice president of A & T global platform and turf & utility, Deere & Company
- OPEI Secretary/Treasurer: Daniel Ariens, president, Ariens Company
- Immediate Past Chair: Paul Mullet, president, Excel Industries
“I am proud to be part of the outdoor power equipment industry, a member of OPEI, on the Board of Directors for OPEI and especially to be chairman for the 2015-16 year,” said Sowell. “I look forward to a productive year in this role—serving our industry and the OPEI member companies.”
“OPEI is the voice of outdoor power equipment, utility vehicle and small engine manufacturers. Our Board of Directors plays a key role in overseeing, inspiring and leading our work,” said Kris Kiser, president and CEO of OPEI. “We represent our members and their interests in Washington, D.C., educate the public about proper fueling for outdoor power equipment through our ‘Look Before You Pump’ campaign, and share safety standards and best practices. Our TurfMutt environmental stewardship and education program, created in partnership with Scholastic, teaches children how to take care of green spaces while learning and having fun.”
Continuing their service on the OPEI Board of Directors are:
- Earl Bennett, general counsel N.A. & L.A., Husqvarna Group
- Edward Cohen, vice president, government & industry relations, Honda North America Inc.
- Tom Cromwell, group president—power, Kohler Company
- Tim Dorsey, president, Echo Incorporated
- Marc Dufour, president, Club Car
- Peter Hampton, president, Active Exhaust Corporation
- Jean Hlay, president and chief operating officer, MTD Products Inc.
- Michael Hoffman, chairman, CEO, The Toro Company
- Todd Teske, chairman, president & CEO, Briggs & Stratton Corp.
- Fred Whyte, president, STIHL Incorporated