HERNDON, Va. – PLANET is pleased to announce the newest PLANET Academic Excellence Foundation (PLANET AEF) Ambassadors. Each of the ambassadors recently pledged $25,000 to the foundation, which awards scholarships to students enrolled in landscape contracting and/or horticulture programs at two-year or four-year colleges and universities:
- Lifescape Colorado and the Hupf Family, Denver, Colorado
- Marty Grunder Inc.!, Miamisburg, Ohio
- Schill Grounds Management and Jerry and Jim Schill Family Scholarship, North Ridgeville, Ohio
- The LaurelRock Company, Wilton, Connecticut
- The Todd Williams Memorial Scholarship, Denver, Colorado (through the ALCC/ AEF State Association Partnership)
PLANET AEF is halfway through its five-year campaign, developed by the PLANET AEF Board of Directors, to raise the fund balance from $2 million to $5 million. To date, the fund has grown to $3.8 million. PLANET AEF is actively seeking partners and contributors. The foundation is supported by tax-deductible donations from individuals, companies and state associations. Visit www.planetaef.org for more information, or call the PLANET office at 800-395-2522.