HERNDON, Va. – PLANET announced that Jim McCutcheon, LIC, will be the president of its 2014/2015 board of directors. McCutcheon officially took the office on May 1.
McCutcheon is the CEO of the award-winning HighGrove Partners in Austell, Ga., specializing in commercial landscape maintenance and design. With more than 25 years’ experience in all facets of landscape design, installation, maintenance, water management, McCutcheon is widely regarded by industry experts and the local Atlanta marketplace as a visionary leader and dynamic pioneer in the landscape industry. HighGrove Partners has been honored with awards from numerous industry associations and companies.
McCutcheon received his bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture from the University of Georgia and began his career with Post Properties as a landscape designer. He has been an active member of PLANET for years and has made an impact on the industry by serving on the board of directors as well as on many committees, such as the chairman of the Crystal Ball and Student Career Days subcommittees; earning the respected designation of PLANET Trailblazer; as well as, most recently serving as the president of the PLANET Academic Excellence Foundation (PLANET AEF).
PLANET has also announced the members of the 2014/2015 PLANET Academic Excellence Foundation (PLANET AEF) Board of Directors.
- President, Tom Fochtman, LIC, Ceibass Venture Partners, Arvada, Colo.
- Vice President, Miles Kuperus Jr., LIC, Farmside Landscape & Design, Sussex, N.J.
- Immediate Past President, Jim McCutcheon, LIC, HighGrove Partners, Austell, Ga.
- Secretary/Treasurer, Mark Meister, John Deere, Cary, N.C.
Directors at Large:
- Ed Castro, Ed Castro Landscape, Inc., Roswell, Ga.
- Rick Doesburg, LIC, Thornton Landscape, Inc., Maineville, Ohio
- Norman Goldenberg, LIC, Namron Business Associates, Inc., Miami, Fla.
- Jerry Grossi, LIC, ArborLawn, Inc., Lansing, Mich.
- Sabeena Hickman, CAE, CMP, PLANET, Herndon, Va.
- Martha Hill, Hinds Community College, Raymond, Miss.
- Glenn H. Jacobsen, LIC, Jacobsen Landscape Design & Construction, Inc., Midland Park, N.J.
- Frank Mariani Sr., Mariani Landscape, Lake Bluff, Ill.
- David Minor, The Landscape Partners, Ltd., Fort Worth, Texas
- Roger Phelps, LIC, STIHL, Inc., Virginia Beach, Va.
- Kevin Thompson, Ohio Nursery & Landscape Association, Westerville, Ohio
- Bruce Wilson, Wilson-Oyler Group, Scottsdale, Ariz.
PLANET AEF is a nonprofit foundation dedicated to advancing professional careers in the landscape industry. The Foundation carries out its mission through public education to promote landscape industry careers, by supporting efforts to recruit professionals into the industry, and by granting scholarships to help students get the education they need to excel. It is supported by contributions from individuals, companies and state associations. Donations to the 501(c)3 foundation are tax-deductible. Since its inception, PLANET AEF has awarded $811,400 in scholarships to 786 students.
Visit www.planetaef.org for more information.