HERNDON, Va. – PLANET is pleased to announce its newest Trailblazers, individuals who are nominated by their peers for making significant and long-term contributions to the landscape industry and are committed to giving back to the industry. Each Trailblazer sets aside one day per year to provide on-site mentoring to a PLANET member. This colleague-to-colleague mentoring and networking program is a proven and successful method for both emerging and established companies to gain insight and advice from the pros on how to develop and grow their businesses. They also participate in the Trailblazers on Call program that provides members with quick answers to their business questions.
This lifetime honor is given for excellence and achievement in the areas of lawn care, design/build/installation, interior plantscaping, irrigation & water management and landscape management.
PLANET congratulates the following new Trailblazers:
- Darin Brockelbank, Metro-GreenScape, Inc., Charlotte, North Carolina
- Joel Hafner, Landscape Industry Certified, Fine Earth Landscape, Inc., Poolesville, Maryland
- Bill Arman, The Harvest Group, Dana Point, California
- Steve Hill, Landscape Industry Certified, Turftenders Landscape Services, Inc., Raleigh, North Carolina
- David Hupman, Landscape Industry Certified, BRICKMAN – Central Region, Mason, Ohio
- Roscoe Klausing, Landscape Industry Certified, Klausing Group, Inc., Lexington, Kentucky
- Mike Mason, The Lawn Pro, Louisville, Kentucky
- Jerry Schill, Schill Grounds Management, Inc., North Ridgeville, Ohio
- Doug Smellage, Lawns of Dallas, Inc., Dallas, Texas
These new Trailblazers will be recognized during PLANET’s Green Industry Conference, Oct. 22-24, 2014, in Louisville, Kentucky.