SAN DIEGO, Calif – The San Diego chapter of the California Landscape Contractors Association (CLCA) recently honored 23 local landscape contractors with 2015 Beautification Awards for excellence in landscape installation and maintenance, demonstrating the best quality, construction, originality and attention to detail on 2014 projects. Fifty-one awards were presented in 30 categories culled from 111 entries, which encompassed categories covering residential and commercial landscape construction, maintenance and renovation, along with water features, outdoor lighting and water-saving California-friendly landscaping. A newly added top award category was the Conservation Award, for best transformed project renovated to conserve resources. The project that won this particular award was recognized for removing a substantial 3.5 acres of turfgrass and replacing it with low water use plants and sustainable landscape materials.
The four top awards are:
- Sweepstakes Award for best design and build construction to Benchmark Landscape Inc. of San Diego for the B Street Sky Terrace in San Diego (downtown).
- President’s Award for best landscape renovation to Gothic Landscape of Valencia for The Estates Models at BMR in San Diego (black mountain ranch).
- Judges’ Award for residential maintenance to The Brickman Group of San Diego for its work at the Campus Pointe in San Diego.
- Conservation Award for best transformed project renovated to conserve resources to The Brickman Group of San Diego for its work at the SDG&E Century Park I and II in San Diego.
Multiple award winners included (each received three to seven awards):
- The Brickman Group of San Diego
- Nature Designs Landscaping of Vista
- P.C.A. Summit Services, Inc. of Escondido
- Gothic Landscape of Valencia
- Western Outdoor Designs of San Marcos
- Enchanted Landscapes LLC of Rancho Santa Fe
- AAA Landscape Specialists Inc. of Carlsbad
- Watersedge Landscape of Carlsbad
- Torrey Pines Landscape Co. of San Diego
- Backyard Vacations of Oceanside
- Ecominded Solutions of San Diego
- Valley Crest Landscape Maintenance of San Diego
- New Way Landscape and Tree Services of San Diego
Other companies receiving a single award included:
- JCMS Landscaping of Santee
- Lux Landscape Design Inc. of Oceanside
- Belle Terre Landscape of San Diego
- Heritage Landscape Services of La Mesa
- Western Gardens Landscaping Inc. of Carlsbad
- Envision Landscape Studio of San Diego
- Silver Moon Lighting Inc. of San Diego
- Daniels Landscape Inc. of San Marcos