HERNDON, Va. – The National Association of Landscape Professionals (formerly PLANET) has announced that Scott Jamieson, Landscape Industry Certified, will be the president of the Board of Directors, effective May 1, 2015.
“I’m honored and excited to be president of NALP,” stated Jamieson. “We have incredible momentum having come through a tremendous rebranding effort that has positioned us to bring more value to our members and the landscape profession.”
Jamieson is vice president with Bartlett Tree Experts. He leads Bartlett’s national recruiting and corporate partnerships efforts and also heads the Bartlett Inventory Solutions team in providing innovative and technologically advanced tree management plans to clients across the country. Aside from serving on NALP’s board, he is also active on the board of Openlands and is the former chair of the board for the Tree Care Industry Association as well as a former board member for the National Safety Council and the Alliance for Community Trees.
He received a B.S. in urban forestry from Purdue University, where he has been honored as a Distinguished Alumni. He also received an M.S. in urban forestry from Michigan State University and an MBA from DePaul University.
NALP is also pleased to announce its new board of directors for its fiscal year which begins May 1. Installation of the new board took place during the association’s Great Escape event in the Bahamas, in February.
Officers elected are:
- President: Scott Jamieson, LIC, Bartlett Tree Experts, Grayslake, Illinois
- President-Elect: Brett Lemcke, LIC, R.M. Landscape, Hilton, New York
- Immediate Past President: Jim McCutcheon, LIC, HighGrove Partners, Austell, Georgia
Directors at large:
- Jason Becker, LIC, Caterpillar, Inc., Apex, North Carolina
- Jeff Buhler, Massey Services, Orlando, Florida
- Jim Campanella, Lawn Dog, Inc., Nashua, New Hampshire
- Jon Cundiff, LIC, Weed-Man, Kansas City, Lees Summit, Missouri
- Joy Diaz, LIC, Land Care, Inc., North Las Vegas, Nevada
- Kristin Fefes, CAE, Associated Landscape Contractors of Colorado, Denver, Colorado
- Tom Fochtman, LIC, Ceibass Venture Partners, Arvada, Colorado
- Zach Johnson, LIC, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Paul McDonough, LIC, KOCH Agronomic Services, Hinckley, Ohio
- Shayne Newman, LIC, YardApes, Inc., New Milford, Connecticut
- Roger Phelps, LIC, STIHL, Inc., Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Barb Stropko, LIC, New Desert Gallery, Inc., Tucson, Arizona
- Andrew Ziehler, LIC, Ziehler Lawn and Tree Care, Centerville, Ohio