LAWRENCE, Kan. – The Sports Turf Managers Association has announced its 2014 Board of Directors, including David Pinsonneault, certified sports field manager (CSFM) and certified parks and recreation professional (CPRP), as its newly-elected president.
Other STMA members elected to the board include:
- President-Elect: Allen Johnson, CSFM, Green Bay Packers (Green Bay, Wis.)
- Immediate Past President: James Michael Goatley Jr., Ph.D, Virginia Tech CSES Dept. (Blacksburg, Va.)
- Vice President, Commercial: James Graff, Graff’s Turf Farms (Ft. Morgan, Colo.)
- Secretary / Treasurer: Jeff Salmond, CSFM, University of Oklahoma (Norman, Okla.)
- Higher Education Director: Tim Van Loo, CSFM, Iowa State University (Ames, Iowa)
- Parks & Recreation Director: Sarah Martin, CSFM, City of Phoenix, Ariz.
- Academic Director: Jeffrey Fowler, Penn State Cooperative Extension (Franklin, Pa.)
- Elected-at-Large Director: Bradley Jakubowski, Doane College (Crete, Neb.)
Directors fulfilling second-year terms are:
- Professional Facilities: Phil McQuade, Kroenke Sports Enterprise / Colorado Rockies (Commerce City, Colo.)
- Schools K-12: Andrew Gossel, Covenant Christian High School (Indianapolis, Ind.)
Members appointed to the Board include:
- Director At-Large: Mike Tarantino, CSFM, Poway Unified School District (Poway, Calif.)
- Commercial Director: Doug Schattinger, Pioneer Manufacturing (Cleveland, Ohio)
Officers serve one-year terms while directors serve two years. STMA conducts its annual elections electronically in late November and the Board officially takes office during the Conference & Exhibition each January.
Also recognized at the STMA Conference & Exhibition in San Antonio (Jan. 14-17) with Founders Awards were:
- Dick Ericson Founders Award: Rich Watson (Pine Hills School District, N.J.)
- George Toma Golden Rake: Matt Tobin (Pioneer Athletics)
- Dr. William Daniel Founders Award: Dr. Brad Fresenberg (University of Missouri)
- Harry C. Gill Founders Award: Willis "Bucky" Trotter (Sports Facilities Insights, LLC)